Get into the Buccaneer spirit for this amazing community event full of music, food, fun and running. Sign up for the Fun Run, 5K or just enjoy a night out with friends and family in support of J.L. Long!
Date: Thursday, October 16, 2014
Place: J.L. Long Middle School
Time: Festivities Start at 5:30 P.M.
Early Registration through Oct 3rd @ www.lukeslocker.com
- Ages 14 and under: $10
- Adults: $15
- Family Pack (5 or more): $65
About The Run
THE LONG RUN starts and finishes at the front lawn of J.L. Long Middle School, located at 6116 Reiger Avenue, Dallas, TX 75214. After the races, runners, student groups, and community members meet for food, refreshments, and entertainment.
The 2014 event will take place Thursday, October 16th, with festivities beginning at 5:30 pm. The 1-mile fun run/walk, beginning at 6:00 pm, is oriented to kids, families and those “not so serious” runners. It will encircle the J.L. Long Middle School and Woodrow Wilson High School campuses. The 5K Long Run, beginning at 6:30 pm, offers runners a winding and challenging course that starts in front of J.L. Long Middle School. The course takes runners through historic, tree-lined streets of the Hollywood Heights neighborhood and Santa Fe Trail offering runners some wonderful views of historic homes in picturesque old East Dallas. The race finishes at the school and after race activities will be in the front lawn of school located at 6116 Reiger Ave Dallas, TX 75214
Each entrant will receive a race T-shirt. In addition, awards will be given for the fastest runners in the various age categories.
Early registration, before Friday, September 19, 2014, is just $10 for children 14 and under and $15 for adults. Entry forms can be picked up at Luke’s Locker (new location at 3046 E. Mockingbird Lane-next to SMU bookstore), online here at www.jllong.com or at the J.L. Long Middle School Office or at any Lukes Locker location in the metroplex.
About The Cause
The 18th Annual Long Run is the only fundraiser sponsored by the J.L. Long Middle School PTA. The Long Run is also one of the oldest and most established runs in East Dallas. Proceeds are targeted to bridge critical gaps in the J.L. Long Middle School budget, including:
- Operating funds for PTA-sponsored educational programsundefinedPod trips to visit college campuses
- Leadership Cadet Corps uniforms
- Instruments for band and orchestra and entry fees for Expectations Show Choir competition
- Eye glasses for economically disadvantaged students
- Special outside educational programs for students
- Teacher grants for classroom teaching tools and computer technology improvements
- Scholarships for underprivileged students to go on field trips
- Trophies and awards for student organizations
- Medical supplies for school clinic
- Entry fees for competitions for underprivileged children